Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Joe Campbell

Happy Birthday, Joe! You have inspired me through the years to truly follow my bliss, and to really work out what that means for me. The actual quote has to do with following your bliss, but don't expect to make a lot of money! I've followed my bliss for many years now, with success and failure. I've only ever wanted to have an interesting life - so far, so good!

If I'm lucky, the bank will allow me to keep my house. I have a "quality of life" job - $8/hour with evenings and Sundays and Mondays off, and no stress that means anything. I have beloved pets, a comfortable bed, windows that I open on nice days, a front porch that I don't use as often as I should, a gas stove, big back and front yards with trees, a fireplace - I am counting my blessings.

And, oh, my friends. I have so many, many beloved friends. There are those from college. There is my best friend from high school. There are my friends from various jobs and lives- ranging from Dallas to Singapore and all points in between. There are my new friends whom I've met in my spiritual seeking. I am so very blessed!

Back to Joe Campbell, he said that you will be able to look back on your life and it will read like a movie script; that everything will have led to everything else, and it couldn't have been any different, or worked out as perfectly. Through what we think of as good, and what we think of as difficult or bad, it's all the same. It is indeed, "all good."

Again, happy birthday, Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment